Harness the power of antioxidants with this nutrient packed smoothie!
Antioxidants are powerful nutrients that help the body recover and prevent disease. Antioxidants function by neutralising free radicals in the body. Free radicals are unstable and highly reactive molecules that are produced during the oxidation process. Free radical accumulation causes damage to cells, proteins and DNA.
This gluten free smoothie is delicious and can be made with or without dairy! It is the perfect start to the day with it being jammed packed with high quality micronutrients and protein.
- 1 Cup of either; coconut water / almond milk / milk
- 1 ½ cups of berries ( mixed, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries)
- 1 Banana
- 1 or ½ a scoop of protein powder
- 4 Cubes of ice
- Blend all the ingredients in your boose™ and serve immediately.
- Add a squirt of honey to sweeten it up!
- This is a great smoothie to replace your morning meal it provides all the essential ingredients to keep you energized and sustained until lunchtime.
- This is also a great post workout smoothie, just make sure to use 1 or more scoops of protein.
- Frozen berries are fine to use, but we recommend fresh berries for superior taste and colour!
Coconut Water Variant
- Calories: 334
- Protein: 12-27g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fats: 2g
Almond Milk Variant
- Calories: 324
- Protein: 12-18g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fats: 4g
- Calories: 471
- Protein: 20-40g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
Making this in your BooseBlend Portable Blender is as easy as a push of a button!